Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Book Tag - Borrowed from Nuzzling Muzzels

*Here are the rules:
1) Grab the nearest book.
2) Open the book to page 56.
3) Find the fifth sentence.
4) Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5) Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one --
pick the closest.
6) Comment with your book info. and
7) Optional Tag five more none yaya people to do the same.

So, by virtue of my blogsend feature (emails to YaYa's when I post) I have sent this to more than 5 people.

Here is my Tag Results - kind of in line with my Galloping Gourmet persona:

OK, Steve made Pancakes from scratch this morning (we are out of bisquick) and left the Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1979 Edition) by my computer. Soooo, Page 56 has Curried Bratwurst at the top/left. 5th 'sentence' is: Place each bratwurst on 1 slice bread. spoon about 2 Tablespoons sauce onto each bratwurst..... (Sauce is: 3/4 c catsup, 1 T Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/4 t curry powder, 3/4 t paprika). Sounds yummy and supposed to be "hearty and homestyle with chilled Potato Salad or (yuck!) Hot Fried Hominy.... Very Interesting and fun game... c



5 comments:

  1. The nearest book to me was The Little SAS Book. Here is the fifth sentence...
    IMPORT will treat two consecutive delimiters in your data file as a missing value, will read values enclosed by quotes, and assign missing values to variables when it runs out of data on a line.

    The next two sentences are (if you aren't bored to death yet...)

    Also, if you want, you can use the first line in your data file for the variable names. The IMPORT procedure actually writes a DATA step for you, and after you submit your program, you can look in the Log window to see the DATA step it produced.

    Had enough! Hey! This is what I do for a living so it was nearest to me... what can I say! I think two more was enough, don't you?

    Marsha C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I knew you were smart, but you also have way more endurance than me to slog through the stimulating text of SAS (what's SAS?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a domesticated dog' - his tone is more than condescending dog, it is majestically indifferent; on this subject we agree - is handicapped. He is assumed to belong o some human, which attracts notice and sometimes misguided attempts at rescue.

    The nearest book to me was a short story book "The Mysterious West."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Statistical Analysis Software... it was just close. What one must do these days to make a living! ICK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy wins on interesting text status. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete