Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's raining - so we vaccinate!

Mallory and I gave West Nile vaccines to all the horses today and it was raining.  It seems to always rain when we vaccinate, but I think we are to busy riding if its not raining.  That's my story.







The girls rode in the 3rd 4-H point show of the year on Saturday and we got lucky with the weather.  It was cool but sunny and breezes were light.  Ivy got off to a rough start with Hunter Under Saddle - she was disqualified for having a flash on her bridle and Alaina/Sunny won the class. 



Ivy and Pico placed 2nd in Hunt Seat Eq and Hunter Hack, 3rd in Western Horsemanship, 5th in Trail and 6 in Western Pleasure. 





Alaina and Sunny came 1st in Hunter Under Saddle and Western Horsemanship, 2nd in Trail, 3rd in Hunter Hack and 4th in Hunt Seat Eq; they had a near perfect ride in Western Pleasure but didn't place - perhaps the judge just missed them cruising the rail since there were 3 other palomino pairs.









I am feeling deprived since I didn't get on a horse this weekend and next weekend isn't looking to promising for me either.  Patty is hosting a 2-day jumping clinic that the girls will be riding in.  The good news?  Spring is springing even if I don't really feel like that pesky "spring forward."  YaYa.

No comments:

Post a Comment