Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas Continued

I have the warm riding boots but it's still too cold to ride. So, I wandered around outside and took a few pictures. I had plotted to have the annual New Year's ride on the Sunday before New Year's but the snow has grounded my horse trailer and the roads are still to iffy to risk a drive anywhere - never mind with a trailer.
The Blizzard of aught nine kept equines in the barn for more than 36 hours. When they got a chance to get out, they seemed to enjoy the white stuff so long as they got back in the barn by sundown. Jet turns out to be a snow dog - but the chickens.... PS - Sister is on sabbatical (vacation from the vacation she has enjoyed the last couple of years) in Stillwater with Krystal.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cathy,
    Your pictures are fabulous! Sure do miss being able to ride...but I got a new book for christmas...entitled Straightening the crooked horse...so I'm reading today. Curt's friends were to come out and ride about 2or3pm but I don't think that is going to happen!
    Until we ride again!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete